WHAT WE BELIEVE
Statement of Faith
- The Bible is God’s revelation to man, divinely inspired by the Holy Spirit, inerrant in the original documents, infallible and God-breathed. There is only one true interpretation of Scripture and that is the literal, historical interpretation.
- There is only one true and living God, existing in the three persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit . God is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. He is sovereign over all matters in all of creation and beyond.
- All men are born into sin and have incurred the penalty of spiritual and physical death and are subject to the wrath of God. Man is inherently corrupt and incapable of choosing or doing what is acceptable to a holy and righteous God. Man is therefore hopelessly lost and his salvation is wholly dependent on God’s grace through the redemptive work of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Salvation is wholly of God by grace on the basis of the redemption of Jesus Christ, the merit of His shed blood, and not on the basis of human merit or works.
- Those who have faith in the atoning work of Jesus Christ have been freed from the punishment, penalty and power of sin.
- Regeneration in a person’s life will be made evident by his obedience to God and by his good works.
- All the redeemed, once saved are kept by God’s power and are secure in Christ forever.
Note: The following is only a basic doctrinal statement. Full details, with Scripture references of our doctrine can be found in the 1689 London Baptist Confession.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
John Boyington | President
Joe Granahan | Director
Charlie Hale | Director
Mary Kirtley | Director
PLEASE HELP US HELP THEM
Give a one-time donation, or set up recurring donations via PayPal. All donations are tax deductible.
Where does the money I donate go?
All donated funds go to the purchase of bore hole parts and the transport to villages --- no donations, unless specified by the donor will be used for any other purposes. For example: team air fares, food, lodging, etc.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes. Reach Out for Christ|Gospel in Action is a 501(c)3 organization. All donations are tax deductible. Statements will be sent each year.
Does my donation pay salaries?
While we are accompanied on the excursions to the villages by Malawian pastors and other selected Godly individuals, no one receives any sort of compensation for his time or effort -- this is all done for the glory of Christ.
Can I designate where I'd like my donation to go?
Donations can be designated for other things such as the purchase of bibles to give away, hunger relief, medical help (ex. malaria prevention and treatment), or can be designated "where most needed". If not designated, funds will be used for bore holes and/or reaching the lost with the Gospel.
What is a pressing need for GIA?
Reach Out For Christ has need of our own vehicle in Malawi to reach the very remote areas that need our help. We estimate the cost of a good , used 4X4 with room for 6 and ability to carry pipe and other supplies to be $18,000 to $24,000 (duty on a vehicle brought in from outside is 33%, we believe). We will use donations for the purchase of a vehicle only if that donation is designated as such.
Can I go on a trip with GIA?
There will be an opportunity for a few individuals to go on future trips -- this will be announced on this web site . All who wish to go will be screened and must provide 100% of all funds needed for travel, lodging, and sustenance. The first step is to complete our Online Application.
STAY IN TOUCH
Keep informed and stay up-to-date with what's happening with Gospel in Action and our various ministries. Simply enter your name and email address below.